Monday, October 12, 2009

Fall Canning Extravaganza!



I did it! I did it! I canned 17 pints of salsa and 23 pints of pizza sauce all by myself! Well, all by myself minus the 50 calls to Mom with questions--like what is a scant tablespoon? A lady from our ward brought by a 5 gallon bucket of hot peppers for us to use. What in the world do you do with that many peppers!?! I did want salsa, so decided to find some tomatoes and see how many peppers I could use for that project. Max and I went on another adventure and found a little man who had a few boxes of tomatoes left on his farm. He sold me a hefty 20 lbs. of tomatoes for $15! I reasoned if I were to can tomatoes, then I needed to look cute, so I decided to make me a canning diva apron. I found a great tutorial from Little Birdie Secrets (my dear friend Mandy's awesome site). Then I canned and canned and canned--I even helped my friend can a batch of salsa. Max loved playing with the peppers and hanging them from the counter, and I of course had to have my good friend Cherry Coke Zero help in the process. Now I have a great little stock pile of beautiful jars of salsa and pizza sauce, and a cute apron to boot! What's for dinner tonight? Soft tacos and salsa of course!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Kalli! Nothing like homemade goods to last throughout the winter. I'm sad, our Farmer's market end this week, I love picking up fresh fruits and veggies this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. หนังใหม่ Tag ก๊วนแท็คเกม เพื่อนแท้ แพ้ไม่เป็น (2018) ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี ดูฟรีๆหนังออนไลน์มาใหม่

    https://www.doonung1234.com/

    ReplyDelete