Thursday, July 2, 2009

The inside of our house

OK, everyone keeps asking for pictures of the inside of our house. Here it is! This first picture is what you see when you walk in the front door. I've really enjoyed having a great room. Everyone can enjoy what is going on whether they are in the kitchen or the living room--nice!


Here's my BIG kitchen! I love it. There is space for everything that I have. I even have a big pantry to the right of the fridge. The wall you are looking at is the wall we painted when we moved in. It used to be dark, dark, dark purple! Too dark! Now it's a pale green, blue and feels very open and bright! Yeah!


Here's my baking center. It's not as fancy as Chad's invention, but it works out pretty good. It makes baking nice, and I know one day Chad will make me the dream baking center...right Chad?!


Here's the dining area with my newly painted red armoire. (Thanks, Breck!) Our T.V. is on the wall now, so I'm using the armoire as a "china cabinet".



Here's the back patio. We've really enjoyed eating and lounging out here and watching all the cool birds come feed from the feeders we have out.



Here's my storage room (aka "mini GORM"). It's not as big as Mom's but it is it's own room and I love having it! My #10 cans are in another room right next to it; I love having a storage "room" it's way better than an unfinished basement!


Here's a mini view of our room. Notice the beautiful pillows I made to match the fabulous yellow dresser Breck helped me paint before we left. Breck you're a furniture genius! Soon I'm going to paint those nightstands black. It will be cool!



Here's Abi's room with her bombed bed. She loves the princess bed and plays in there all the time. So much for keeping a nicely made bed! Princesses just wanna have fun!



Here's Max's room. He really likes his bed and plays in his room quite a lot. It's a good place for him! The drawers in the bed are really cool and he stores all sorts of crazy items in there...rocks, sticks, straws, etc.


This is our "book nook". It's a mini loft we have at the top of the stairs. The kids love to come up here and read and color. Abi is reading to Max all the time. They are working on the Library's Summer Reading Challenge. For every 10 hours you read, or are read to, you get a free book. Abi is trying to get 3 books for her and for Max this summer. She can probably do it! She has become a really great reader!


Here's our T.V. and fire place and view of the deck. The kids are so happy to have such a big T.V. like the Grandmas and Grandpas and they can't wait to try out the fireplace like Caleb & Shawna!
So that's it! Our house. It is really a nice place. There a few places I didn't take pics of like the craft room, our office with the luxury chair, our 3, I repeat THREE, bathrooms and the awesome view off the deck because I want you all to come visit to see it all. We are excited to show you some of Minnesota, so start saving your money!


2 comments:

  1. ahh come on you have to post a pic of the craft room!!!!
    sounds HUGE for a rental. way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you won't post a picture of the craft room because it looks like London, 1942: BOMBED!!! The place looks great.

    ReplyDelete